[cisco-voip] MOH with CUBE

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:49:44 EST 2016

I just wanted to comment on two things:

1) The port 4000 thing.  CUCM does this to just give a port number, it
doesn't actually use it.  I wouldn't be looking to hard at that as a
problem.

*4000 - 4005 / TCP*
*These ports are used as phantom Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) and
Real-Time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) ports for audio, video and data
channel when Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not have ports for
these media.*
*Source: TCP and UDP Port Usage Guide for Cisco Unified Communications
Manager, Release 10.0(1)
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100.html>*

With the way SDP works, if the offered port is 4000, and the media
attribute a=sednonly is present, then the port is essentially ignored.
Hence, a half duplex stream, and not full duplex.

2) Why are you using this command "pass-thru content sdp"  As far as I am
aware, that command will pass thru SDP from CUCM directly to the ITSP.  Is
that something you need?  Typically, CUBE is your demarc between your
enterprise network and the service provider, and as such, you don't pass
through anything directly.  If you don't know why that's there, then I
would recommend removing it and re-testing your MOH scenario.

A similar command you might want to run is to suppress all of the chatter
CUCM will send to CUBE that really has no business going out to the ITSP,
but keeping the important messages, such as mid-call media changes.

voice service voip
 sip
  midcall-signaling passthru media-change
!

As far as your 4K router and the closeness of the AS1K defect, I really
don't know.