[cisco-voip] enhanced or enhanced plus

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Wed Feb 10 20:20:27 EST 2016

On 2/10/2016 7:43 PM, Erick Wellnitz wrote:
> I'm going off of table 2 in this document.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html
>
> Does 'Included' mean you can have a hard phone and a jabber soft phone
> for enhanced or do we need to have at least enhanced plus?  It reads
> to me that you can have both, not one or the other with enhanced but
> my licensing page shows my interpretation to be incorrect.
>
> If a jabber soft phone is going to take either enhanced plus (or
> above) or us a second enhanced license, what is the point of having
> the primary phone field on the CSF if it doesn't do anything?  Am I
> simply configuring something wrong?

You can have Jabber for IM/Presence, and desk phone control, but not as
a softphone with UCL Enhanced.  Jabber client in phone mode requires a
device created on CUCM (CSF for desktop, TAB for tablet, BOT for
Android, TCT for iPhone).  This is your one device on a UCL Enhanced
license.  You can do IM&P without this device, but can't use it as a
softphone if you also have a physical device provisioned for that user.
Enhanced Plus will allow you to have Jabber as a softphone in addition
to a single physical device (or two Jabber clients, ie desktop and
mobile or tablet).  CUWL Std and Pro allow up to 10 devices per user.

Jeremy Bresley
brez at brezworks.com