[cisco-voip] Slip sec on PRI

Sreekanth Narayanan (sreenara) sreenara at cisco.com
Fri Feb 12 08:19:27 EST 2016

Hey Scott,

Unfortunately, there is no way you can configure the RTMT or syslogs to catch slips on the lines. You would need something along the lines of an EEM applet running on the router which runs the show controller t1/e1 x/y/z output at regular intervals and looks for increases in the slip counter, and then print a syslog if there are slips.

Just ensure that you’ve got the network-clock-select command configured to ensure that the backplane gets its clocking from that PRI. If all the PRIs come from the same provider, then it would be OK to have clock source line on all of the controllers and make one of them the primary clock source.

If you have different providers, it would be better to keep 1 provider as clock source line and the others as clock source internal, i.e. where the router acts as the clock source, so that you don’t see slips on one of the provider lines because you’ve configured the other provider as the primary clock source.

Sreekanth