[cisco-voip] VMTools - CUCM 10.5

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 06:46:53 EST 2016

We just patched vsphere this past weekend and ran into the selinux bug with
vmtools, and have also noted some weird stuff with memory and disk space
but on Unity Connection. I'll check in with the guy that was handling it
and see if there was any other strangeness, this doesn't give me warm and
fuzzies.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Hughes, Scott GRE-MG <SHughes at grenergy.com>
wrote:

> Has anyone dealt with bugID
> CSCul78735 lately?
> We just installed our latest round of VMware 5.5 patches. Along with it
> came new VMtools. Usual (automatic) upgrade method did not work. The VMware
> tools status went from 'out of date' to 'not installed'
>
> We were able to get the tools installed on our two subscribers by
> switching SELinux to permissive mode as the bug describes. We switched them
> back to enforcing. Then, we found that the active partition filled over the
> next 2 days before the subscriber died a horrible death and had to be
> rebuilt.
>
> I believe that /var and /etc/selinux had most of the runaway logs. TAC
> couldn't even create a root support account because the partition was full.
>
> Just a caution to those who patch VMware regularly. Make sure you have
> alerting on filesystem capacity. Ours were 2500 user nodes so there's only
> ~3 GB free on the active partition normally.
>
> I would be very interested if anyone has further info on this bug.
>

> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: The information contained in this message from
> Great River Energy and any attachments are confidential and intended
> only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in
> error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing or using the
> information. Please contact the sender immediately by return email and
> delete the original message.

Ed Leatherman