[cisco-voip] VMTools - CUCM 10.5

Hughes, Scott GRE-MG SHughes at GREnergy.com
Wed Feb 24 21:13:47 EST 2016

Has anyone dealt with bugID
CSCul78735 lately?
We just installed our latest round of VMware 5.5 patches. Along with it came new VMtools. Usual (automatic) upgrade method did not work. The VMware tools status went from 'out of date' to 'not installed'

We were able to get the tools installed on our two subscribers by switching SELinux to permissive mode as the bug describes. We switched them back to enforcing. Then, we found that the active partition filled over the next 2 days before the subscriber died a horrible death and had to be rebuilt.

I believe that /var and /etc/selinux had most of the runaway logs. TAC couldn't even create a root support account because the partition was full.

Just a caution to those who patch VMware regularly. Make sure you have alerting on filesystem capacity. Ours were 2500 user nodes so there's only ~3 GB free on the active partition normally.

I would be very interested if anyone has further info on this bug.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: The information contained in this message from
Great River Energy and any attachments are confidential and intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in
error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing or using the
information. Please contact the sender immediately by return email and
delete the original message.