[cisco-voip] CME - bACD support with SIP phones ?

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:14:40 EST 2016

based on what I found here, I don't think so but would appreciate a 2nd
opinion.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#pgfId-1171438

It looks like bacd only supports *ephone-hun*t, SIP phones don't support
*ephone-hunt*, they only support *voice-hun*t.  Therefore with my Sherlock
Holmes power of deduction, i have to conclude that bACD doesn't support SIP
endpoints ?

These notes are for CME v.11.  Does anyone know if Cisco is planning to
bring SIP support to bACD.

Since the 78xx series phones have come out we've basically stopped selling
any SCCP phones for remote SRST/CME/CMEasSRST sites

Ephone-Hunt Groups and Voice Hunt-Groups Comparison - CME Version 11

·         SIP phones support *voice-hunt* Groups.

·         SCCP phones support *ephone-hunt* Groups,

·         in Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions, SCCP phones also
support Voice Hunt-Groups.

 Table 44-3
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#58858>compares
the features of Ephone-Hunt Groups and Voice Hunt-Groups.

Table 44-3 Feature Comparison of Ephone-Hunt Groups and Voice Hunt-Groups

*Feature *

*Ephone Hunt *

*Voice Hunt Group *

Endpoints Supported

SCCP only

SIP, SCCP, PSTN, and FXS

Parallel Hunt Groups (Call Blast)

No (for alternative, see the “Shared-Line Overlays” section
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmecover.html#42465>
)

Yes

Hunt Statistics Support

Yes

No

B-ACD Support

Yes

No

Features such as present-call and login/logout

Yes

No