[cisco-voip] UCCX/Extend and Connect

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:42:32 EST 2016

Figured out my issue - for posterity:

Agent DN on the CTI RD was in a partition specifically for UCCX Agents,
which cannot typically be dialed by most CSS's. The CTI RD device itself
was not configured to be able to call its own DN. I usually don't allow
agents to call each other's agent lines since I'm under the impression this
is one of the myriad of unsupported configurations.

This resulted in a CTI timeout in the UCCX JTAPI logs, tracked back to SDL
trace on the CUCM node one which the CTI Remote Device was registered.
Digit analysis failed against the agent DN, where the CSS's that CM was
using were the concat of the device/line CSS of the CTI RD DN. So CM is
using the CTI remote device configuration of the device to dial it's own
DN. Headache!

Changing the CSS configuration of the CTI RD Device/DN to allow it to call
Agent DNs allows it to work as advertised. IM&P wasn't necessary.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Brian V <bvanbens at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience you don't need IM&P to make extend and connect work.
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Trying to get this feature working - is IM&P actually required here for
>> something? We're just phone-only jabber right now, no IMP server.
>>
>> I have the CTI RD setup, associated with RMCM user, I can log into
>> jabber, set remote number, sign into Finesse. When I go ready, it does not
>> extend the persistent call. When a call is presented, it tries to hit my
>> remote number but doesn't actually connect. UCCX is send to enable the
>> persistent connection.
>>
>> Only difference I can tell is I don't have IMP running - seems odd if
>> that is required, what does it use that for?
>>
>> UCCX 10.6, CUCM 10.5
>>
>> --
>> Ed Leatherman

Ed Leatherman