[cisco-voip] Route Dial-Peer Based On Response

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 20 09:33:20 EDT 2016

Hey all,

                I've set up our CUBE routers to try and be a bit more slick, so I am making use of e164 pattern maps, dial peer groups, and DNS SRV lookups for redundancy/randomization. All that actually seems to be working rather well. I have a requirement to make any inactive/unallocated number in my UCM play a custome intercept. I did this, at least for now, by setting up a secondary dial peer that matches with a higher preference than my UCM peer, and it plays an announcement with a TCL script.

                I'd like to set this up so that if the UCM peer is down, or if it receives some other code indicating a temporary failure, etc, I either would like to bypass this peer so the code goes back to the ITSP, or I can play a message saying something about technical difficulties, etc. I'm not sure it's possible to do this? The other way of doing this would be to have the UCM itself with a translation or something to roll to an audiotext mailbox, which is how we do this today, but it requires either that we maintain translations for all numbers, or a generic one that will answer to all extensions queried at the system which I don't want to do either.

                Any thoughts?

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski
SUNY Buffalo NCS