[cisco-voip] UCCX Script redirect

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:35:34 EDT 2016

On a related topic of CSS/PT for UCCX that a lot of people miss, is that
you don't need to add your UCCX CTI Port's DN PT to your device CSSs (E..g,
gateways and phones)....IF....you set it up right.  Here's how...

Put your CTI Port DNs in a partition labeled something like
UCCX-Private-PT, or UCCX-Restricted-PT, or even
UCCX-Needs-A-New-Script-Editor-PT.  The point is, you can name it whatever
you want.

Then create a CSS for your CTI Route Points, that will house this new UCCX
PT for your CTI Port's DNs.  Again, name it whatever you like:
"UCCX-Can-Has-Precision-Routing-Queues-CSS."  Now, here's the most
important step, you have to switch the setting "Calling Search Space for
Redirect" on the CTI Route Point from "Default Calling Search Space" to
"Route Point Address Search Space."

This will allow you to do two things:

1) Remove the possibility of someone dialing a CTI Port Directly, which
shouldn't do any harm really, but come on, let's just stop it from even
being possible, because who knows what might happen?

2) Use whatever numbering plan and number range you wish, as it will never
conflict with the rest of your Enterprise Numbering Plan or Dial Plan, as
the CTI Route Point will only ever need to reach the CTI Ports, and no
where else.  Who here has ever dealt with trying to fit Non-DID DNs into a
+E164 plan and ended up with something like: +11000003201 as the CTI Port
DN?

Note that this has nothing to do with how you redirect calls off of CTI
Ports as in the original question.  That is separate and can be handled in
one of two ways:

1) The way Brian mentioned, which is the default, and that is to use the
configured CSS on the CTI ports to route calls

2) Change the CTI Port CSS "Redirect Calling Search Space" from "Redirect
Party" (aka the CTI Ports) to "Calling Party" (aka the device which made
the call into UCCX; for PSTN callers this is your gateway/trunk).

It should be obvious that "Calling Party" only works if there is a calling
party.  This will not work if you have an HTTP triggered application which
places an outbound call.  Therefore, use your port groups wisely.