[cisco-voip] 7941 phone issues

george.hendrix at caci.com george.hendrix at caci.com
Thu Jun 30 10:05:04 EDT 2016

Hey Guys,

  Installed cmterm-devicepack9.1.2.15130-1.cop.sgn on CUCM 9.1.2.10000-28 cluster to enable support for 8841 phones.  Now, I have a location where about 20 out of 30 7941 phones are not registering and getting TFTP timeout.  The rest of the phones are registered without issue.  The phones were all registered fine with firmware SCCP41.9-31SR2-1S.  I actually configured CUCM to keep this as the primary load so they would not attempt an upgrade immediately.   We did a factory reset on one phone, but now it's stuck in upgrading loop and when I do show CDP neighbor, it shows 79XX_default_load.  Both the phones that we have reset and the ones not registering can't be pinged at all from outside the LAN.  I can ping them all from the local switch, but not from the neighbor router.  However, I can ping all other phones in that VLAN.

Thoughts?

Bill Hendrix | Network/VoIP Engineer