[cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu Jun 30 18:42:19 EDT 2016

Ah yes, nothing like coming home to a tape full of automated phone lady lecturing you to hang up.

Actually I have one site that still has that problem. It’s a tiny rural hamlet where their phone lines come in from the CO in another tiny rural hamlet via an ancient analog multiplexer. The linecards in the multiplexer don’t support passing the voltage-reversal signal. Telco people asked around within their company trying scrounge up some cards that do, but it’s just too ancient. “Supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call” helps a little bit, but not until after the phone lady has already given her lecture.

-mn