[cisco-voip] Need to modify P-Asserted Identity in SIP message for call to work...

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:47:37 EDT 2016

Hey Jonathan,

Make sure that the profile is on the correct outgoing dial-peer.  SIP
profiles are only executed in the outgoing dial-peer, after the dial-peer
has been matched/selected.

You can use debug voip ccapi inout or debug voip dialpeer to find out which
outgoing dial-peer is being matched.  Also, you can use debug ccsip all to
see if and what the SIP profile is doing.

Assuming dial-peer 200 is your guys, then you can use this tool to help you
design your profile:

http://www.cisco.com/web/tsweb/tools/sip-profile/index.html

I pasted your profile into the tool and gave it a sample input (it's brief,
I know) and here is the result:

[image: Inline image 1]

You should note that the red indicates a match and a replace happened, but
also note that the replaced pattern contains an extra > at the end.  The
reason is because you told it the match ended with .com and not .com>.  The
reason the first < was replace appropriately, is because your (.*) accounts
for it, as well as the space before it.

I made a small adjustment to your profile, mainly to shorten it up, but to
also cleanup the extra > at the end

[image: Inline image 2]

I've never tried this next method before, but it seems a little cleaner
(less regex) than the above two modify profiles, albeit it takes two steps
to execute:

[image: Inline image 3]

That last option may not actually work in a real IOS device, as I'm not
sure if the message is re-read from the top after a rule matches.

I hope that helps.