[cisco-voip] R: Add CPU on UC infrastructure

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Sun May 29 07:59:01 EDT 2016

If you are dealing with Unity Connections I don't believe it will use a second vCPU after install. As Ryan R. said earlier, CUC sets it at install.

When CUC boots and you say the CPU spikes; how are you seeing that? Is it giving you a VMWare guest CPU utilization alarm? Is it firing off a pegging alarm in RTMT? Or are you just seeing the CPU utilization in The VMWare guest process monitor go higher during boot?

If you are truly seeing CPU utilization alarms (and the alarms are all at their default thresholds) consistently, CUC may be trying to resolve a conflict during boot.

Have you watched it post; do see it have any issues? From the CLI of CUC; issue the command utils diagnose test and see if it tells you anything interesting.

Thanks,

Ryan