[cisco-voip] cisco-voip Digest, Vol 157, Issue 2

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Thu Nov 3 08:47:57 EDT 2016

Are you doing G.729 for calls from phones?  Press "?" twice for an active
call on 79XX series to see the negotiated codec.

The CTS 500 only supports G.711 and AAC-LD which is probably your issue-
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-500/data_sheet_c78-468517.html

You'll need to make sure the regions are set up so G.711 is allowed to the
gateway from the CTS 500 region.