[cisco-voip] SIP Profile to add Calling Name

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 26 04:20:37 EST 2016

Hi All

I have a situation where we have migrated from one SIP trunk to another,
when the inbound call comes in, the IP phone handset shows Unknown Caller
ID and then display the calling number below, this client has 6921 handsets
throughout which will only display one line so they only see the Unknown
Caller ID on the handset.

The Invite on the old SIP trunk show the From field with the calling number
in brackets in front of the SIP portion as below and this works fine.

*From:
"07918900845"<sip:07918900845 at siptrunking08a.ipmultimedia.co.uk;user=phone>;tag=SDtmhce01-87069*

The invite on the new SIP trunk does not display the number in front of the

*From: <sip:07918900845 at 81.10X.XX.XX;user=phone>;tag=3689138628-619971*

What I would like to do is modify the From field in the invite so that it
displays the calling number in front of the as per the above example.

It appears to be an issue with Calling Name as if I receive the call on a
translation pattern on CUCM and set Calling Name Presentation to
Restricted, I don't see the Unknown Caller ID anymore, the issue with this
is that Missed calls / Received Calls lists on the phone shows Private
Number.

Can this be done with a inbound SIP Profile or SIP normalisation script?

Regards

Nick