[cisco-voip] Are there any gotchas to watch out for switching to FQDN server names from IP address server names?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:19:30 EST 2016

I just thought I would share what happened with this, even though it is
super old. Changing the node names to FQDN was mostly painless. The one
thing that bit me was bug CSCuy13916. After changing the names of the
nodes, the TFTP service needs to be DEACTIVATED and then re-activated in
order to fully update the certificates.  Before taking those steps, I kept
getting certificate errors from CuciLync, but afterwards, everything worked
as designed.

Other than that, any CTI route points (and any other device as well) that
exist will fall to another node in the CMG. Not a big deal, just something
to be aware of.

Thanks,
Nick