[cisco-voip] SIP Profile to add Calling Name

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Mon Nov 28 18:03:27 EST 2016

Is there a CUBE? You don’t say, but I’m assuming so. I would do something like this on the CUBE:

request ANY sip-header From modify "^(.+):.*<sip:(.+)@" "\1: \"\2\" <sip:\2@"

That should take the part of the SIP address before the @ and put it at the beginning in quotes like the old provider did. If any calls do come in with an actual name, this will wipe that name out (not sure if that’s desirable/relevant).

Just remember that using SIP profiles for inbound requires IOS >= 15.4 and that inbound profiles has to be explicitly turned on. Alternatively, doing it on an outbound profile towards CUCM might meet your needs as well.

-mn