[cisco-voip] Upgrade from 10.5.2 ->11.5.1

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Thu Oct 6 10:20:26 EDT 2016

I would also add that, even if you do let PCD run wild, at best it is another server to setup and get working (assuming new PCD install and not re tasking an existing) on top of reading the PCD guides ... etc.

So even if it all goes perfect, you're still down the time it takes to get PCD up and working from a OS/network perspective.

Basically, you're adding in a layer to a process that yields no more benefit (IMO) other than to be able to say you used PCD.

I'm not trying to be negative to PCD; it's actually a fantastic idea -just not "there" yet from a development perspective.

I would love a product that could completely automate the migration process in all circumstances (although, I would miss my ANSI art installation menus); however, I'm not sure Cisco has a ton of emphasis on that right now (IMO) so ....

In practice, I would not use PCD because there are enough caveats that it isn't worth it to me. I would have to be able to blindly trust it to get the value out of it that I'd need and in my opinion, PCD is not at a point where it can be trusted in that manner.

-Ryan

Sent from my iPhone