[cisco-voip] Not supported I'm sure..... but what do you think?

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:43:02 EDT 2016

So my co-worker and I are thinking about upgrades.  we are currently on
10.5 train and thinking about the 11.5 train.

What would be your thoughts about taking a clone of every VM.  CM, UC,
UCCx, CER, PLM,

placing it on another vlan with the same IP's.  NAT it as it goes onto your
network so it has access to NTP, DNS, AD, etc.

do your upgrade on the clones.

Then in VM ware shut down the originals,and change the Vlan (on the clones)
 back to the production vlan for your voice cluster.

it would be like a telco slash cut.  10 minute outage as you move from one
version to the other.

Thoughts?

Scott