[cisco-voip] mobile UCCx agents

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 27 15:52:28 EDT 2016

We've had a request come in to see if we could make our UCCx agents mobile and by mobile I'd say farther than any wireless headset could help with.

>From what I understand, there's really no solution for this. Any solution using a cell phone (extend/connect) would still require desktop agent software (CAD/Finesse). Same thing goes for Jabber.

I was hoping that we could get this to work with the phone agent on a Cisco wireless phone, but while the 7925 is a supported phone agent device in UCCx v9, the new 8821 wireless phone is not listed as a Finesse Phone Agent compatible device.

Considering they do a lot of transferring to other extensions, any cell phone solution would also require mid-call enterprise feature access is my thought.

Am I missing something obvious here?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure