[cisco-voip] Unusual configuration

Aaron Banks amichaelbanks at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:30:27 EDT 2016

I am supporting a customer with 2901 GW (PRI) and CUCM 11.0(2).  The setup: SIP trunk from CUCM to the 2901 GW, GW is configured as H323 with a full 23 channel PRI.  I have never seen this kind of set up before.  Anyone on the list ever do (or see) this setup before?  Did you encounter any issues?  I see intermittent jabber problems where a high number of SIP register events occur and  the call is not successful.  I would have thought the gateway would have been configured as either MGCP or H323 in CUCM.

Aaron