[cisco-voip] Understanding calling party transformations

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Sep 7 05:24:31 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why calling party numbers sometimes appear
transformed and sometimes not. Our CUCM cluster is behind a Unify HiPath
system. We have to dial 01 to get an outside line, but on our end we use
E.164. So for connections from and to the voice-gateways we transform 010
to +49 and vice versa. There are similar transformations for international
calls. That works as expected for the most part. But there are a few kinks
I don't understand:

• when an inbound call is received on a hardphone (either SIP or SCCP),
the number is displayed as 010..., but in the call log it appears as a
E.164 number.

• when using Jabber and using the computer for calls, it behaves
identically to a hardphone.

• when using Jabber to control a hardphone, the number is displayed as
010... both during the notification and in the call log.

Those are essentially cosmetic issues, because calls can be returned using
either format, but the downside with Jabber controlling a hardphone is that
the numbers starting with 010 aren't correctly associated to known
contacts, so the name isn't shown. That does work when using the computer
for calls, however.

I've played around with Application Dial Rules and Directory Lookup Dial
Rules, but either I did it wrong or it doesn't actually affect that issue.

Any suggestions how I can normalize to E.164 in that scenario?

Cheers, Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.