[cisco-voip] Finesse API to get client IP address

Damisch, Kevin Kevin.Damisch at oneneck.com
Wed Sep 7 02:21:33 EDT 2016

Customer is running UCCX 10.6(1) and we are doing some Finesse Desktop testing.  I have a customer requirement where we need to perform an http request action that points to the IP address of the PC that is logged into the Finesse Desktop.  The client PCs are running a custom application that is listening on port 5280 waiting for the http request to be sent to it.  The intent would be that when a call is answered, the workflow will run this http request action, the Finesse client's PC would receive this http request and perform the function that the customer has written it to do.  But, I have confirmed via packet captures that Finesse http request actions are sent from the UCCX server, not from the Finesse Desktop client IP address.  I can't just set the URL to point to 127.0.0.1 since the request is sent FROM the UCCX server, so I need to find a way to get the IP address of the client's PC that is logged into the Finesse Desktop.  More specifically, I'm looking for a way for the UCCX script to call the Finesse API to hopefully retrieve the Finesse Desktop client's IP address of the PC they are logged into, store that in an ECC variable, then reference that ECC variable in the URL such as this:

[cid:image003.png at 01D208A6.2ADE49D0]

The closest I could find is here:
https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/documents/finesse-javascript-library/

which shows this:
localhostFQDN<https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesse-javascript-library-3.17.16/symbols/finesse.gadget.Config.html#localhostFQDN>
The localhost fully qualified domain name.

But, I'm not sure if this is what I need or how I'd even get this value pulled into a UCCX script.  Probably through some custom Java steps.

We're migrating them off of CAD, and they currently use IPC Actions in Desktop Administrator, which point to 127.0.0.1 and pass in custom variables to their home-brewed application on the PCs.  But, it doesn't look like Finesse lets me do this as easily as I had hoped.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin