[cisco-voip] jabber-config.xml

Michael Voity mvoity at uvm.edu
Thu Sep 8 08:47:26 EDT 2016

Thank you Anthony, this helps!

-Mike

--

Michael T. Voity

Network Engineer

University of Vermont

(802)656-8112

From: avholloway at gmail.com [mailto:avholloway at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 00:12
To: Michael Voity <mvoity at uvm.edu>
Cc: voip puck <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] jabber-config.xml

Here is what the section in the jabber-config.xml looks like, assuming I have nothing else in this file (which I do, I just didn't share all of it):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Config version="1.0">

     <Client>

          <UpdateUrl>http://internal.company.com/jabber/updates/jabber-update.xml</UpdateUrl>

     </Client>

</Config>

Here is what the whole jabber-update.xml looks like, which I'm hosting on an internal web server:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<JabberUpdate>

     <App name="JabberWin">

          <LatestBuildNum>42920</LatestBuildNum>

          <LatestVersion>11.7.0</LatestVersion>

          <Mandatory>false</Mandatory>

          <Message>

              <![CDATA[

                   <h2>What's New in Jabber 11.7</h2>

                   <h3>Multiple Device Messaging</h3>

              ]]>

          </Message>

     <DownloadURL>http://internal.company.com/jabber/updates/latest/CiscoJabberSetup.msi</DownloadURL>

     </App>

</JabberUpdate>

Here is a screenshot of what the update looks like, or at least a preview of it:

I download the updates myself from cisco.com <http://cisco.com> , and I get the build number from within the read-me after extracting the files.  I make the changes to the jabber-update.xml to reflect the what's new and the link to the release notes, and then finally I put the MSI in the latest folder, while moving the previous version to a versioned out folder structure for redundancy purposes, because I like duplicating all of the files on cisco.com <http://cisco.com>  on my local server.  Just kidding, I trash the old file and only keep the latest.