[cisco-voip] Jabber for Windows 11.7 and Locations Woes

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Sep 13 21:41:42 EDT 2016

I haven't looked at the deployment guide for a while.....

What's the location used for?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2016, at 5:29 PM, Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com<mailto:avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com>> wrote:

I just figured it out.  I forgot that we have been using the below parameter from when locations where first introduced, and now in 11.7 it breaks locations.  When I remove it, locations work, and when I add it back, it breaks.  It's pretty cut and dry.  Try it for yourself.

PS the parameter is still in the 11.7 guide, and is copy/paste accurate.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Config version="1.0">
<Options>
<LOCATION_MATCHING_MODE>MacAddressWithSubnet</LOCATION_MATCHING_MODE>
</Options>
</Config>

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Ryan Huff <ryanhuff at outlook.com<mailto:ryanhuff at outlook.com>> wrote:
Anthony... W10/J4W 11.7 (BUILD 42920) here and for kicks I put myself on a new subnet was prompted for a new location name; I went back to the previous subnet and it displayed my original location.

Is one of the users able to temporarily change subnets (or nat their virtual adapter in the case of a VM) and see if it fires the new location detection?

-Ryan