[cisco-voip] Question regarding Rightfax Configuration and "Transmission Error"

Frank Arrasmith frank.arrasmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:40:21 EDT 2017

On average or failure rate is below 5%, however there are some senders with
failure rates as high as 80%. We usually reach out to them and ask them to
turn off ECM and some transmit speed to 9600.  In response to some of the
comments.

We have MGCP and SIP internally with 99.9% success rate.

We have both SIP to PRI  and SIP to SIP for external. Carrier is Level 3.
We used to have AT&T but  had the same problem.

Outbound faxing from the Rightfax server is fine. It's only with inbound
faxing that we have this problem. This is why I'm questioning a server
setting. It doesn't make sense to me that the server would toss out the fax
just because there was a single RTN message sent, especially when the
packet capture shows the sending device complied with the message, slowed
it's transmit speed and finished the fax without any further issue.

On the positive side, working on this over the past year has really helped
me to build my FoIP skills, and faxing within the test of our network is
rock solid 😀