[cisco-voip] UDS Searches not sanitizing the Plus Symbol

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 11:45:42 EDT 2017

Taking a look around at what options we have to drive additional
directories for our IP phones and decided to take a quick look at using UDS
as the data source, accessing it via the published API.

One thing I'm finding (which I can't see any bug report on), is that number
searches, where the number in UDS contains a plus, does not return search
results based on the query submitted.

I have a user configured with a mobile number in PlusE164 (+61400111111 for
example) which is pulled into the CUCM directory via LDAP sync.

The API docs note that brackets, plus symbols etc are all ignored in the
search.  When I access the UDS API and construct a query string in a URL
along the lines of 'https://172.20.2.21:8443/cucm-uds/users?number=61400',
the returned response is 0 results.  If I update the Mobile number to
remove just the plus (and resync LDAP), the same search now returns my user
with the mobile number correctly searched.

Running 11.5(1)SU1 (haven't yet checked this against SU2), attempted to use
native UDS but also tried searching while UDS Proxy is enabled.  Same
results either way.

Anyone seen this issue or am I missing something?  I can only assume that
the sanitized query doesn't correctly ignore the plus symbol.

Cheers

Nathan