[cisco-voip] CUCM 10.5 cluster migration

Mike O MikeeO at msn.com
Thu Aug 3 13:52:29 EDT 2017

Hi All, I need to move about a 100 phones to a new cluster, and then add an additional 200+ phones. My problem is I want to use the "Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre-8.0" parameter, but I can't change the option 150 in the DHCP server until the next day. My question is once I set this parameter  and I reset the phones they will register with an empty ITL file, but will the phones still function? If I can reset the phones to clear the existing ITL and have them work the following day I can then change the option 150 to the new cluster and then reset the existing phones and add new phones in.  I know I can lab this up, but wanted to make sure there were no gotchas associated with this method.

Thanks,

Mike