[cisco-voip] Question Concerning 3rd-Party Apps that work through Cisco Expressway

Charles Goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Sat Aug 5 13:21:21 EDT 2017

I've never attempted it, but it's not supported by Cisco, the docs are
specific on what phones are supported, 7800/8800 phones on specific
firmware, along with DX units.

A 3rd party SIP connection normally doesn't ask for the provisioning
domain, username and password in the same way that a Cisco phone would, and
I would expect it would have to be coded specifically for how MRA works.

Just my $0.03 worth