[cisco-voip] UCCX 11.6 pre-release communication and webinar

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Thu Aug 17 09:37:43 EDT 2017

Maybe it’s just me, and browser changes to java do make it suck more, but I’m not looking forward to the fact that we have to go back to running applications on end-user machines. Will it require admin rights to install? If so, I view this as a major negative, as our users are not allowed to have admin rights, even for doing such things as Java updates

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Abhiram Kramadhati (akramadh)
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:25 AM
To: Charles Goldsmith <wokka at justfamily.org>
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] UCCX 11.6 pre-release communication and webinar

You are right! The newer updates to the browser blocking Java applets was the reason this step was taken:
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Problems-with-add-ons-plugins-or/Why-do-Java-Silverlight-Adobe-Acrobat-and-other-plugins-no/ta-p/31069<http://cp.mcafee.com/d/FZsS96QnXFCzAsUCqehNKVJ55BZBcsehd79J55BZBcsY-Orhhpvuv7ffK6Qkn3hOqerTKzsSgRmlyEa9JGX3oSVsSjrlS6NJOVIQsFCzAQsLCzAQsLZvAjhOYMOPRXBQSm4-phpjsvWyaaRQRrIKsG7DR8OJMddECS3tPtPpesRG9pB6RBGNDOJhihV-Y01Or-1qdi1_GQbC9j9BZggbRxgKIuShB2xuIs0kCmbElbwhFDiUN8YPYjV4isOUwxkxVsgJ6F3pBZwwnHcDYiWNXp6ka5UlOuBRIphKUqejtFkJkKpH9oKgGT2TQ1iPtyL0QDYu1FJdCXbNI5-Aq83iTqlblbCqOmdbFEw2oA90cq84kusd42QvbNY_ZFVEwnlrxaSPBm1EwS21Ew05a6NdKc6-7ipsVsZ7_Vv>

So, the only change done is to make the RTR applet downloadable on a separate browser instance – and that way the applet does not try to load in the browser and then get blocked. It was an applet before too, but used to load in the browser as a plugin. Now, we download it and run it as a Java app on the PC.

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati
Technical Solutions Manager, CCBU
CCIE Collaboration # 40065