[cisco-voip] Cisco IM & Presence 11 5.1 SU2 corrupt install with 2nd server

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Fri Aug 25 09:26:25 EDT 2017

Yeah I'm not sure what the issue is but I recall having to on one occasion install and recover the config to a clean install before installing the second, for some reason it just refused to add a second server to the cluster on a preconfig. I think there might've been a bug in the old OVAs that impact the publisher. I have no factual proof for that though, and I can't remember if there was a cisco stance on the problem.

From: Matthew Huff [mailto:mhuff at ox.com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 8:12 AM
To: Ben Amick <bamick at HumanArc.com>; cisco-voip list <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: RE: Cisco IM & Presence 11 5.1 SU2 corrupt install with 2nd server

Arghhhhh....

Spoke too soon:

[cid:image002.png at 01D31D84.0CB01030]

From: Matthew Huff
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 6:01 AM
To: 'Ben Amick' <bamick at HumanArc.com<mailto:bamick at HumanArc.com>>; 'cisco-voip list' <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>>

Thanks Ben!

That was it. Didn't occur to me that there might be a problem in the ova template. Perhaps the secondary has to replicate during installation and there wasn't enough disk space? The BE6K comes with version 1.2 of the ova template, but there is a 1.4 version on CCO. The installation hasn't finished yet, but it's much further along than it been before.