[cisco-voip] SIP option ping prioritization

Ki Wi kiwi.voice at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:56:13 EDT 2017

Hi Group,
I would like to find out if SIP option ping is a "ping" or a "sip message" ?

>From the documents, it seems like it is a sip messages.

My customer is facing issue with the dial-peers getting busy out during WAN
congestion. We would like to prioritize those messages as a WAN
provider but they are not able to give us the exact commands for the CE
router.

 Currently this is the command on all their managed "voice gateway"
 * voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 120 down-interval 120
retry 2

This means the "transport" mode is default. This make things more complex,
I have no idea it is TCP or UDP or ???

With no access to customer network (unable to do wireshark), I would like
to see if there's anyone having the experience to prioritize those SIP
option ping packets?

--
Regards,
Ki Wi