[cisco-voip] SIP option ping prioritization

saranyan k saranyan2008 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 23:20:18 EDT 2017

Hi Ki Wi,

OPTIONS ping is a SIP message. Ideally the transport mode of the message is
TCP or UDP based on the configuration done under voice service voip -> sip.
Otherwise, we can configure a keepalive profile so that we can specify the
mode of transport for the OPTIONS keepalive messages.

!

voice class sip-options-keepalive 1

transport tcp

!

Map the profile to any dial-peer:

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

 session protocol sipv2

 incoming called-number 299

* voice-class sip options-keepalive profile 1*

 dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

!

Say if the router is set to use UDP, its worth to give it a try with TCP.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Saranyan