[cisco-voip] using resource pools to organize VMs - supported?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Aug 29 11:29:56 EDT 2017

OK. Cool. I mean, worse comes to worse, we move our live hosts out of any resource pool into the “root” directory of the ESXi host. At least we can keep our snapshots handy for disaster recovery.

It’s too bad we can’t easily copy/clone a VM from one resource pool to another as far as I can tell. Well, not without vCentre anyways. It means exporting and importing back in. Which takes a while with thick provisioned disks.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph