[cisco-voip] IM&P v11.5(1) SU3 - UN-Restricted Only? Confused

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Aug 29 16:03:39 EDT 2017

In reading the CUCM 11.5(1)SU3 Release Notes:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU3/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151su3.pdf

I saw this snippet on page 2:

In the past, export licenses, government regulations, and import restrictions have limited the ability of Cisco to supply Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service worldwide. Cisco has obtained an unrestricted U.S. export classification to address this issue; IM and Presence Service supports an export unrestricted (XU) version only. The unrestricted version differs from previous releases of IM and Presence Service in that it does not contain strong encryption capabilities.
The part that confuses me is the word "only" in the above paragraph. Could be a typo? Could I be reading it wrong?

In CCO I see both a regular (restricted) and UNRST option.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph