[cisco-voip] Duplicate ipaddress space and vlans on separate vSwitches on same ESXi host

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Dec 7 21:40:08 EST 2017

Just following up on a conversation about online/offline networks and making things work on an esxi host.

I've now had a bit more experience with virtual environments, and as far as I can tell, there should be no issue creating a second (or third) vSwitch, assigning it vmnics connected to the offline network and building networks with the same VLAN information carried over the offline trunk that is carried over the production trunk.

Guests would be assigned to one vswitch or the other. Not both.

Have I got it all wrong?

Sent from my iPad