[cisco-voip] Weird One: Discrete Right Audio Channel doesn't get sent out Jabber and WebEx

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Dec 19 19:32:04 EST 2017

Ok. This is a weird one.

It seems as though any discrete right audio channel sent to either jabber or WebEx is not sent off (or not received) at the far end.

I've tested this a few ways, with different equipment, in different spots along the path, and it all points to software.

The weird thing is, the application audio test components show signal strength. It just doesn't make it to the other side.

Has anyone tested out discrete audio channels being sent to WebEx or Jabber?

The use case here is bridging purpose built audio/video equipment with PC based collaboration tools, e.g. Webex, Jabber, Teams, Zoom, etc.

For video (and sometimes audio), I'm using the Inogeni HD(HDMI)-to-USB3 converter.

For audio, I've tried a USB enabled Behringer mixer. That's worked, because I'm pretty sure the left and right channels are the same.

I also have an ART USB Dual Pre device which has both USB and analog out. In both cases, the right channel is not making it out to the far end, at least intelligibly. It's ever so faint and low and slowed down sometimes.

In the ART analog example above, I used a cable that fed the two outputs into the camera's mic input. Left channel fine, right channel nada.

Again, all along the path, signal strength is good and responsive.

What gives?

Lelio

Sent from my iPhone