[cisco-voip] UCCX / 7841 / Jabra Pro 9400 / Jabra EHS Cable

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 00:01:34 EST 2017

As an update (as I hate it when I come across questions online but no
resolution).

When purchasing the Jabra unit, the compatible EHS Cable (14201-43) was
purchased.  While working with Jabra support, they suggested that we try
the 14201-22 cable.  the Jabra website notes that it's only compatible with
the 79XX phones but apparently it's actually also compatible with at least
the 88XX and 78XX units as well.  Knocked up a couple of the cables
(they're only cables with a specific pinout) and hey presto, haven't seen
an issue since.  Pulled out all the 'smart' EHS cables and replaced with
the older style and all agent's are finally working fine.

I'll be steering clear of the newer cable from this point forward.  Hope
this assists others.

Nathan