[cisco-voip] Expressway MRA design question.

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Feb 14 11:27:21 EST 2017

we tried this and it didn't work out so well. we didn't try to fix things because we were on a limited time frame. we also ran into an issue where the hostname has to match the outside name/certificate details as well as matching the service discovery domain).

so, where we initially had hostname.dept.acme.com we had to modify it to servicename.servicedomain.acme.com.

then, in the split view dns, you resolve servicename.servicedomain.acme.com to the internal address for admin, and external for connectivity from off-prem.

you _might_ be able to configure the hostname as the alias and configure the certificates accordingly, but like you said, it's not the standard approach.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph