[cisco-voip] CCX Prompt Storage

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:04:12 EST 2017

Be careful clicking the folder link to download a ZIP file on large
directories, as it can hang Tomcat and require a Tomcat restart.

Here are the TAC case notes from a case I had back in 2014:

*The development team has confirmed that the issue is unfortunately a
product limitation of Tomcat memory and the UCCX system is operating as
designed. As the call center is 24x7 and frequently processing several
actions simultaneously, Tomcat is unable to allocate enough space in the
memory to accommodate the large number of prompts at once.*

*Call centers that need to retain a large amount of prompts are encouraged
to store the prompts on a web-server within the enterprise, and use steps
in the scripts to connect to and retrieve the prompt from the off-box web
server. This might be a solution to consider, as it will provide greater
access, ease of management, and customization of the prompt files.*

Furthermore, you cannot download scripts in this same manner, so I wrote a
Python script with does this for you.  You could adapt this script logic to
download prompts as well, since it downloads each file one at a time, it
has less strain on Tomcat memory and avoids the issue described above.

https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/647450649353846784