[cisco-voip] Local Number Portability / Timeframes

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:19:18 EST 2017

Hello!

I'm working on porting some telephone numbers and I've been running into a
roadblock with one of the carriers (no surprise). Any telco policy guru's
here?

We've got about 100 numbers we want to port this time, and keep getting
kick back from the winning carrier that they aren't able to get the CSR
information from the losing carrier, so right now we're trying to play
go-between; this isnt going to fly long-term though. I have about 6000 or
so I need to port once we get the process down.

It seems there are plenty of FCC ruling around "Simple" number ports, but
I'm having some trouble finding what the definition of "Simple" is (still
looking) and also what if any the requirements are for ports that are more
like "Bulk". I get the impression that "Simple" is single numbers, for
example a residential customer moving their home service.

Anyone have experience with porting over larger chunks of numbers between
carriers?

--
Ed Leatherman