[cisco-voip] Local Number Portability / Timeframes

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Mon Feb 20 16:15:32 EST 2017

Long story short, at least in my experience, you’re at the mercy of the carrier. I’ve had good times and bad times, and it normally boils down to a carrier being extremely stubborn and/or some random paperwork not being right. Normally I had my telco broker at the time harass the carriers in question to resolve the issues, until the time of the actual port, which normally ended up being a conference call to enable us to test as the numbers ported.

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ed Leatherman
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 2:19 PM
To: Cisco VOIP <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Local Number Portability / Timeframes

Hello!
I'm working on porting some telephone numbers and I've been running into a roadblock with one of the carriers (no surprise). Any telco policy guru's here?
We've got about 100 numbers we want to port this time, and keep getting kick back from the winning carrier that they aren't able to get the CSR information from the losing carrier, so right now we're trying to play go-between; this isnt going to fly long-term though. I have about 6000 or so I need to port once we get the process down.
It seems there are plenty of FCC ruling around "Simple" number ports, but I'm having some trouble finding what the definition of "Simple" is (still looking) and also what if any the requirements are for ports that are more like "Bulk". I get the impression that "Simple" is single numbers, for example a residential customer moving their home service.
Anyone have experience with porting over larger chunks of numbers between carriers?

--
Ed Leatherman

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you