[cisco-voip] UCCX 11.5 Upgrade Disaster -- SOLVED

Abhiram Kramadhati (akramadh) akramadh at cisco.com
Wed Jan 18 17:45:21 EST 2017

Hi Anthony,

This is the one: CSCvc72933

Regards,
Abhiram Kramadhati
Technical Solutions Manager, CCBU
CCIE Collaboration # 40065

From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net> on behalf of Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 12:36 AM
To: "Ayoub, Gregory" <gea at ufl.edu>, "cisco-voip at puck.nether.net" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] UCCX 11.5 Upgrade Disaster -- SOLVED

Thanks for the follow up and good job guessing the root cause.

What's the bug ID?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 6:32 AM Ayoub,Gregory <gea at ufl.edu<mailto:gea at ufl.edu>> wrote:

Just in case anyone is curious, the cause of our 11.5 IPCC failure was finally solved by Cisco TAC.

The license file issued to us after the upgrade did not contain proper licensing for outbound dialing.   Because there was no outbound licensing, and because

the campaign was carried forward by the upgrade from 10.6, it was still able to run even though it appeared as if the outbound campaign was not installed (you have to have outbound license to even see the outbound campaign menu).   When the outbound campaign

kicked off, this caused a lock on all of the inbound CTI ports which resulted in the busy signals.   Because of the severity of this failure scenario, a bug ID was created to track resolution so the outbound campaign will check for proper licensing before

starting.

The bright side was that my guess as to the source of the failure was correct :-)