[cisco-voip] Cisco 8851 and Bluetooth Speaker

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:31:30 EST 2017

We've been using the speak 510's for just this reason and they've worked
out OK.. actually started using them with 8945's initially but bluetooth
seems to work better on the 8800's, anecdotally.

I haven't been thrilled with the 8831. Internal customers don't care for
the form-factor and they haven't been as reliable as the 7937's for us.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Pawlowski, Adam <ajp26 at buffalo.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to use the Cisco 8851 and a Bluetooth speakerphone as
> sort of a poor man's conferencing set? The sets themselves sound pretty
> good on their own, but, something like the Jabra Speak 510 that is
> Bluetooth enabled would be a more cost effective option than the $900+ 8831
> set (which still has an unresolved bug causing the Conf button to randomly
> fail anyways).
>
> It is obviously not explicitly called out as supported, but, anyone tried
> this and had any success? Or, any recommendation on a 3rd party
> conferencing phone that is more cost effective, even if not as capable, for
> a smaller (6 - 8 person) conference?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam Pawlowski
> SUNYAB NCS