[cisco-voip] third party voicemail / pbx integration solution

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jul 18 13:13:08 EDT 2017

With the PIMG devices marked end of life (the ROLM version sooner than the others), I'm wondering what options there are to integrate our Emergency PBX which handles our overflow lines when our PRIs are saturated or down.

MWI is not a concern at this point - we won't be entertaining voicemail boxes on the PBX. But being answered by the appropriate mailbox with announcement is.

A simple answering machine plugged into an analog port with announcement? Doesn't handle multiple calls well.

Analog line into router with Unity express?

What would you do?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.