[cisco-voip] third party voicemail / pbx integration solution

Bantz John F BantzJohnF at JohnDeere.com
Tue Jul 18 13:48:21 EDT 2017

Could you use a Sonus1000?

We use a Sonus 1000 connected to our Avaya PBX using a QSIG T1 connection so we can connect the legacy Avaya to Microsoft UM.  Granted, if you can't do a QSIG T1, then you are back using a Dialogic PIMG or similar with individual stations.

John Bantz
Telecommunications / Global User Services
Deere & Company
6400 NW 86th Street, Johnston, Iowa, 50131
Office (515) 267-4628
Cell (515) 314-6478

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:13 PM
To: voyp list, cisco-voip (cisco-voip at puck.nether.net) <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: [cisco-voip] third party voicemail / pbx integration solution

With the PIMG devices marked end of life (the ROLM version sooner than the others), I'm wondering what options there are to integrate our Emergency PBX which handles our overflow lines when our PRIs are saturated or down.

MWI is not a concern at this point - we won't be entertaining voicemail boxes on the PBX. But being answered by the appropriate mailbox with announcement is.

A simple answering machine plugged into an analog port with announcement? Doesn't handle multiple calls well.

Analog line into router with Unity express?

What would you do?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.