[cisco-voip] UCCX Custom Call Variables - Script to Script Transfers

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 19 15:31:09 EDT 2017

I'm handling this more-or-less using Bill's suggestion to set the session and recall it later. Transferring between scripts is done by releasing the contact back to the UCM and ponging back in off of a RP or similar that holds another trigger. Or it's done by the agents when they get a call that's destined for another area, and they just hit transfer on their phone.

You just need a key as the scripts have no idea about what's going on between each other without using a subflow or some other contact information to recognize what you're working with between executions. I use the calling party number but, since we can't necessarily trust this information we don't have anything sensitive in session data.

It is very frustrating to watch a call be transferred between scripts and see the call time and data stack up on the agent's end but you can't get at that "logic" from the application. I suppose this makes it painfully obvious that the platform is more or less intended for a solitary application and not really different organizational silos in the same appliance.

I'm not sure if the new context aware stuff will be of any value here. I hope so, it would be nice to be a little bit cleaner in the background.

Best,

Adam
SUNYAB NCS