[cisco-voip] Expert-Level Cert Renewal

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:47:50 EDT 2017

Yes, but it's like 1 to 3 credit for classes at Live, unless you're paying
$1,000 for an 8 hour day to get 10 credits, so to think that you can just
attend Cisco Live every year to re-cert is likely not going to happen.  Not
too mention they cap your earned credits at Cisco Live to 70.

If you look at the courses you can take, there are a couple of 50 credit
courses, namely these two, which are both available via Online Self Paced
study (1 year access):

Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony and Video (CTCOLLAB)  - $1,000
Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) v2.0 - $750

That means that you can recertify for as little as $2,050 (including the
admin fee), and not have the time waste of preparing for and taking the
written, possibly more than once.  And I'd go for those two, because if
there's any pain point in my day, it's figuring out why something's not
working.

I'll probably go through the entire catalog and see what's the
cheapest/easiest route to re-certification, and then which is the
longest/most expensive route.  You know, for science!