[cisco-voip] 7841 Volume Rocker Not Working

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:29:41 EDT 2017

I just had three phones in an area report that the ringer stopped working.
When I went to play with the volume rocker, not on headset mode, the screen
showed the volume bars, but the light failed to flash on the handset (MWI
light) and no audio was produced from the phone.  I factory reset the
phone, and it fixed the issue.

Load: 11-5-1-18

I did try searching bugsearch but found nothing, as I'm sure there are
other ways this issue might manifest and be documented.

Anyone seen this issue before, or something similar?

I know I've heard stories of these 7841's being unreliable and having
higher than usual failure rates...I'm hoping we don't have that issue here.

Thanks.