[cisco-voip] Question about Error reporting on 88XX handsets

Joe Martini joemar2 at cisco.com
Mon Mar 27 07:32:20 EDT 2017

Hi Chad,

The phone’s  built in error reporting (Problem Reporting Tool) will send to the "Customer support upload URL” defined in CUCM under the device or common phone profile or enterprise phone config using HTTP.  If no URL is defined you see the “Error: -1” message and the phone tells you to download the tar.gz log bundle locally from the phone’s internal web server.

Here is an example web page that can be used to receive the problem reports - https://squish.cloudapps.cisco.com/squish/tiny/D90FA <https://squish.cloudapps.cisco.com/squish/tiny/D90FA>.  The web server this is hosted on would be defined in the customer support upload URL. The phone will automatically copy the file to the URL when a problem report is created and also save a local copy.

Joe